Pages

Thursday, December 11, 2008

Museum of Islamic Art



Wow. This is a wonderful museum. The architecture is amazing ... so many details have been thought of and attended to. I understand that this was the last major project for I.M. Pei ... who is now in his 90s! Really, it is like a sculpture. One of the very best things about going to the museum today was seeing all the families that were at the museum. I don't think there is another gallery like it ... I think the museum in Cairo has been closed for a while.






The collection is stunning ... we didn't see all of it by any means ... and it is exquisitely staged. So much to learn. I loved the ceramics and the pottery and there were several sets of doors that were incredible.










The light is so beautiful at this time of year. Really it has been the most beautiful month ... the air is wonderful; the skies are clearclearclear; and the temperature is just perfect. I look forward to visiting this museum often to see more of the collection and to take in the magnificant space.

No comments: