Pages

Thursday, July 1, 2010

All These Geese are Swans


I don’t know what it is that cracks me up about these geese, but I just get the biggest kick out of them. I often see them in the morning when I am on the xe om going to work and then I will occasionally see them when I walk home. They are usually out foraging ... but their territory is not a meadow or a pasture or a riverside ... it is đường Nguyễn Văn Linh, which is a busy city street ... a divided six-lane busy city street. I worry about the four of them, as they waddle out into traffic sometimes. Silly geese.
And as you can see, there are all manner of vehicles they have to contend with ... including the ones that go the wrong way down a one-way street!
Today on my way to work, I noticed they were dirtier than usual; as it had rained last night, there were quite a few mud puddles for them to muck about in. They looked like they were enjoying themselves immensely. This afternoon, I took a taxi home due to a monsoonly torrential downpour, so I didn’t see them. But I hoped that they were safe and having a splashing great time. Silly goose.

No comments: