Pages

Friday, December 25, 2009

Chúc Giáng Sinh Vui Vẻ

Chúc Giáng Sinh Vui Vẻ
Well. Christmas in Vietnam! I have to admit I chickened out and did not go into District 1 to see the lights on Christmas Eve. From what I understand, people have to get there before six and then stay until midnight at least, in order to find a spot for people-watching, let alone get transportation to go home. So I had a quiet evening in Phu My Hung. It was a festive day of sorts nonetheless. When I rounded the corner on the third floor to go to my 7:30 a.m. class, I could hear a LOT of suspicious noise, sounding altogether too jolly. And, my lovely PET class had organized a Christmas party! There was a special CD, balloons, streamers, Santa hats, and a beautiful cake. And cans of fake snow! It was just the loveliest party ... and I had absolutely nothing to do with it! We took pictures and chatted and laughed ... and after a while they all decided it was time to get to work, so the tables were moved back into place and we took up Reading homework! With great cheer.They are a wonderful class and work so well together. Our Brazilian student, Beatriz, had gone home for two weeks at Christmas, and so we missed her, but know she will be having a great time where she is. Still no facebook, so will have to hope friends read this and know that I wish everyone a very Merry Christmas! Chúc Giáng Sinh Vui Vẻ và Chúc Năm Mới Tốt Lành.

1 comment:

Penny said...

Merry Christmas Shee!

I love your blog-- thought of you all day yesterday while Dave, Donna and my Mom skated on the lake, played Monopoly, chatted, talked, and imagined returning to Vietnam for a visit. Dave LOVED Nam.

Christmas Eve came with a later invitation from KimE to lunch on Nam food-- which also made me want to give you a hug.

An hour on a motorcycle, lounging in a bathing suit on Christmas, having fake snow, Reading Homework aloud-- it all sounds so very Nikky-Shee-Ms.Magical!